Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Why I blog

(Or, I suppose would be more appropriate given this is my second post, 'Why I've decided to start blogging'.)

I've read blogs for many years, but have never commented or blogged myself before. But in recent months, I've read articles talking about how the right in the UK dominates the blogosphere, and decided that as someone with centre-left views I should do something to redress that balance.

To give a bit of background to myself, I am in my mid-20s, I am a Labour party member and I live in London (having moved south from Labour's northern heartlands). I am very much of the centre-left, making my opinions based on their arguments and merits. Unfortunately, this means I often take positions at odds with the Labour party.

However, I would like to debate them. Working in the private sector in a job far removed from politics, I miss the mental stimulation of debating and discussing policies which I had at university. Hopefully this will provide a means for me to get back to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment